Tuesday, November 30, 2010

5 Useful Web Tools

I am always looking for new tools to make my life easier as a web designer. Any shortcuts that cut down production time is welcome. here is a short list of web apps I have used or will try out on my next project.

Google Labs Browser Size: This handy website from Google lets you see how your page is viewed by visitors and gives you a percentage of how many people may be missing your message.

eType: Having and maintaining an international website can be very challenging. Here is a nice little website that translates your copy into multiple languages and uses a nice spell checking dictionary.

Awesome Highlighter: A nice way to markup and highlight what you think is important on a webpage. Saves the reader time in scanning articles.

Crazyegg: Although I have not used this yet, I think it is a great way to see what users are clicking on and where they are going on your website. Works in conjunction with Google analytics.

Vector Portal: Here is a handy image resource for finding tons of stock vector art for all your creative visions.

Let me know if there are others that you use in your day to day design work.

+dwebb

No comments: